Update as of May 27, 2020
Dear Families of Bryan-College Station and the Brazos Valley communities,
Callaway-Jones has served your community for over seven decades and we stand ready to help you now. During this time of uncertainty we remain available by phone 24/7, and our experienced, caring staff will continue assisting families during this critical time.
Our hearts go out to those affected by the recent changes due to COVID-19 (corona virus) and we extend our appreciation to the health care community for all they are doing to protect us.
Our team is constantly reviewing the most recent recommendations and guidelines from the CDC, State of Texas Health Department, Texas Governor, and Local Government Authorities pertaining to our profession.
For the safety or our staff, and your family and guests, we have implemented the following for all our services and gatherings:
- Limited to 50 family and guests at Callaway-Jones Funeral Center until further notice
- Services at a church will be limited by their 50% capacity following social distancing guidelines
- Chairs have been preset in our Bluebonnet Community Chapel to follow the recommended social distancing standard
- We have no limit on services at the cemetery but recommend all guests follow social distancing guidelines
- Masks are recommended but not required
- Those considered more vulnerable by age or health reasons should take extra precaution and consider not attending
- Those who are coughing, sneezing, or have a high temperature should consider not attending
- Callaway-Jones staff will be wearing masks during services and gatherings
Services in our Bluebonnet Community Chapel may be recorded and live-streamed at no additional charge. We also encourage supporting families via online condolences on our web site CallawayJones.com
We know this is a time of uncertainty for everyone and we want you to know that your safety is top of mind and that you can still support families and friends during a time of loss. We thank you in advance for placing your trust in our team.
For those visiting Callaway-Jones Funeral Center
While the COVID-19 virus requires all of us to be more mindful as we go through our regular activities, rest assured that our Funeral Center is clean and safe. Our protocols cover everything from handwashing hygiene, cleaning product specifications, equipment and common area cleaning procedures.
Funeral and Celebration gathering events help start the healing process. Please make an extra effort to support those that have lost a loved one during this unusual time. Your support is now more important than ever.
Losing a friend or family member is never easy. We are aware that these unsettling times can amplify feelings of grief and anxiety. Please know that we are here for anything you may need to honor life, support loved ones and begin the healing process. The safety and well-being of you, your family, and your friends is of the utmost importance. Should you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at (979) 822-3717. We are available 24/7.
Yours in Service,
Cody D. Jones
Fifth Generation Owner